Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
Our Level 2 Certificate in fitness instructing is a fast track two-week course designed to give you all the knowledge you need to work as a fitness instructor.
The course is taught Monday to Friday over two weeks followed by a one-day practical assessment.
There are no specific qualifications needed to gain entry to the course but all entrants must be at least 16 years of age.
Who should apply?
The qualification is designed for those who are seeking:
- Employment in the fitness sector.
- Recognition for previous experience or access to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
- Development of skills and knowledge of the fitness sector.
Aims of this qualification:
- We aim to provide you with all the skills and knowledge necessary to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective fitness instruction sessions.
- Enhance your employee status within the fitness industry.
- Promote Good practice in fitness instructing by working to a common and nationally recognized standard.
There are 5 mandatory units that are covered in the course which are:
- Anatomy and Physiology for exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Gym-Based Exercise Pathway
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org